Thursday, February 7, 2013

13 months!

phewwwwwwwww~ 13 months! in a way it seems like it's been so long.. but in a way it seems so short! these days i've been staying home a lot and resting with james... i don't know why but i've been SO BUSY the past couple of months running errands here and there, but the past two weeks or so has been a bit relaxing for me. i think it's also because we went on a family trip to AC with my parents and we got to just sleep in a lot.

james has been waking up at 10am these days (YAY!) and he takes about 2-3 naps a day depending on his mood. i take a nap with him because i sleep so late at night so i love nap time as well! it's been so hard adjusting to his sleeping schedule because i'm a night owl, but i guess these are the sacrifices you need to make as a mother.

i've been trying really hard to make my baby and husband breakfast and lunch which was really hard for me since waking up in the morning is the hardest thing for me to do, but i realized that by doing that it was just going to hurt me (mentally), and my babies (physically!). so i've been working on it, and i'm finally getting used to it. :)

james doesn't like to eat fruits so i've been trying to put it in his food and that seemed to work. for instance, for breakfast i'd make pancakes.. but one day i'll make blueberry pancakes, and a couple of days later i'll make banana pancakes. i also give him this apple-cranberry sauce that our cousin made for us and i add real strawberries and give it to him with it, and he likes that as well.

for lunch i try to feed him lots of protein. today i made tofu with sauteed spinach, miso soup, mushrooms and meatballs with peppers. thankfully i have a baby who will eat anything and everything so that makes life a lot easier for me. but i won't lie... making a meal plan is hard! :(

but with that being said, words cannot describe how happy i am with my little one. he's walking better as the days go by, and he's getting more independent. he helps us put his shirt on when we're changing him, and the way he looks at me just really melts my heart. these days after he cries for me i pick him up and when i do, he puts his arms around me and holds on for dear life.. and that feeling is indescribable. i thank God everyday for such a blessing like him.

walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment